OUT NOW: JUNE 2017 VAWG HELPDESK EVIDENCE DIGEST
We are pleased to invite you to read the twelfth edition (June 2017) of the VAWG Helpdesk Evidence Digest; a quarterly newsletter reviewing the latest research and evidence, policy and news on violence against women and girls.
A PEEK INSIDE THIS EDITION:
- DFID’s ICED facility has launched a Briefing Paper on Violence against Women and Girls, Infrastructure and Cities. It provides support to DFID advisors to integrate VAWG as an important consideration of all urban programming. The paper was co-written by Erika Fraser, Laura MacLean (SDDirect staff members) and Kalpana Viswanath.
- New study funded by DFID explored the relationship between Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) and VAWG in Myanmar, Nepal and Pakistan.
- DFID's What Works to Prevent Violence launched a global comprehensive review of economic interventions to prevent intimate partner violence and HIV risk behaviours.
- A new Resource Kit on gender-based violence in global supply chains has been developed by the International Labour Organization.
- Action Aid’s new report ‘Double Jeopardy’ examines the twin injustices of women’s economic inequality and VAWG, based on participatory research in Uganda, Cambodia, India and Brazil.
About the VAWG Helpdesk
The Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG Helpdesk) is a research and advice service for DFID (open across HMG). It is run by a Social Development Direct - led consortium, including ActionAid, International Rescue Committee (IRC), Womankind Worldwide, and the Institute of Development Studies (IDS).To be added to our mailing list and receive updates on the latest resources from the VAWG Helpdesk please email enquiries@VAWGHelpdesk.org.uk
For the latest news please follow @VAWG_Helpdesk